Sample Menu

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Coffee or Tea?

It sounds like such a mundane question, and yet it is similar to asking someone if they like cats or dogs.

I am a coffee-lover. Okay, more than a coffee-lover. You might one day see me on an episode of INTERVENTION for coffee addiction.

With all respect to the tea-lovers of the world, I never received a fair introduction to the beverage. As a kid, I was always given hot tea when I was really sick.  As such, that is what I've come to associate tea with. Drinking hot tea is a sign that it's time to call in the priest!  

What are the glaring differences? They both contain caffeine. What makes an individual prefer one over the other? I'm certain upbringing is 90% of the factor. 

For as much as I have come to associate hot tea with being sick, I must also tip my hat to the beverage.  It does make me feel better in such a time of crisis. :)

How about you...coffee or tea?


5 comments:

  1. I would have to say tea...but I don't drink either on a regular basis. If I am need of something soothing, I go to tea. Not even the herbal teas, but the black teas where I pour in mostly milk. :) Just haven't acquired the tasted of coffee yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm going to drink tea....there is definitely going to be milk in it. :)

      Delete
  2. Definitely tea. I developed the taste for tea later in life. Not the herbal tea you were given when sick but the afternoon or breakfast black tea drunk in Ireland and England. That is what I enjoy and will have at least 3 cups of tea every day. Aside from being healthier, it also allows for a slow rise and decline in energy boost as opposed to the steep high and crash of coffee. For the record, I grew up drinking coffee from an early age as where I come from it's common for children to have half-half from a young age. I have coffee socially when I can't have tea but tea is always my primary option.

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the steep high and crash of coffee, Chris. Perhaps it is why I can solve world peace between 6:00 - 8:00am. By noon I'm lucky if I can add 2 + 2. :)

      Delete
  3. I havent done coffee. Ever. I can honestly say I don't think I have had a cup.

    I do drink unsweetened iced tea on the regular. My husband calls it dirt water. But I drink it all day long. I do enjoy a cup of hot tea when I am feeling a bit under the weather or sometimes in the Winter I will have it with breakfast.

    ReplyDelete