Friday, June 8, 2012

The Ghost And Mrs. Maureen

That's what they really meant to call the movie. :)



The Ghost And Mrs. Muir is one of my favorite movies. If you've read either WIDOW'S TALE or ENDLESS NIGHT you'll see how it influenced me. Granted, neither book contains a handsome, brooding ghost, but that Gothic seaside essence carries through.


For anyone unfamiliar with the film, the widow (a-hah! a widow), Lucy Muir moves to a seaside cottage in England. Her very first night there she encounters the ghost of the roguish sea captain, Daniel Gregg. They fall in love, but alas it's not too practical a relationship. Daniel urges her to find a real companion.  


The series was a fun romp, but definitely not as riveting as the movie. In this day and age of everything being 're-made', I pray they don't come out with a remake of THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR. It would be in color and that would just devastate me. LOL


Also, for as old as you think I am...I did catch all of these as re-runs! :)





5 comments:

  1. I LOVED the Ghost and Mrs. Muir - movie and TV show. And now that you mention it, I can definitely see the similarities in your books. LOL I used to dream of finding my own handsome and brooding ghost. Which, now that I think about it, could be part of my problem. I should probably have dreamed of finding a man who was still, you know, alive :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched The Ghost and Mrs Muir (and I'm older than you are), but I like the sound of it. :)

    Favourite movie of all time? I think that would have to be Ghost with Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore, and Whoopi Goldberg. It has it all: ghosts, romance, thrills, suspense and humour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but ghosts are less maintenance, Betsy. :)

    And Vicki...not by much. :) And Ghost had a good song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratuation Oklahoma City Thunder, James harden and Westbroon will lead OKC get the NBA champion, Let us go james harden jersey and russell westbrook jersey,enjoy lebron james floridians jersey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't watched, but I think I might just go seek it out now. Black and white? What's that? ;) I kid ... all though I will probably be the only person post 1980 to have watched this.

    ReplyDelete