Sample Menu

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Snakes...Why Did It Have To Be Snakes?

Let's face it...we all feel the same way Indiana Jones does about snakes. There is absolutely no place for a snake in a romance novel.


In a review of JUNGLE OF DECEIT, a reader cited a scene with a snake and stated, if I were there I would have been saying "come on feet don't fail me now." 


Alex, the heroine has very little fear of snakes except for the deadly fer-de-lance. But our reluctant hero, Mitch, harbors an Indiana-like aversion towards the reptiles. For that fact, he has an aversion to monkeys, rodents, mosquitoes and any creature that makes noise at night.


That is my idea of a hero. A man with vulnerabilities. Vulnerabilities that he will tackle if it means saving his woman. I don't like snakes, but they are the nature of romantic suspense. Instead of delving their toes in a pristine beach, these characters are thrown into a jungle full of snakes and howler monkeys. Love needs its obstacles, right?


4 comments:

  1. As soon as I get up my courage, I shall read your Jungle of Deceit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *grumbles and eyes her Terrifyingly Tilted Tower of TBRs*

    I suppose I can fit ONE more book on that stack...*ponders*...maybe I have some bungie cords or something in the shed...

    *mutters and shuffles off to the shed*
    Had to mention vulnerable heroes. Evil. That's just evil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, thank you so much, Elise. I find that if you put on a little bug spray before you begin reading, you're okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, you know what I always say about TBR's? They're like a giant bowl of spaghetti that you don't think you can ever possibly finish....and somehow you do. :)
    But I'm afraid of you reading JUNGLE OF DECEIT...(chewing on my nubs-no nails left)

    ReplyDelete