Interview with romantic suspense author, WYNTER DANIELS


Today we have a wonderful treat. We have with us the gifted Romantic Suspense and Erotic Romance author, Wynter Daniels!  

First, thanks so much to Maureen for having me here.

Maureen: I am intrigued by your cover.  Tell us more about the cabin and its role in PROTECTIVE CUSTODY.

Wynter: After Megan witnesses a murder, the killer is after her. So her ex, a PI, whisks her off into hiding. He finally takes her to his family's cabin in the woods in rural north Florida. Big things happen at the cabin, but I don't want to reveal what. You'll have to read the book;-)

Maureen: PROTECTIVE CUSTODY is a romantic suspense novel.  Was this always your genre, and if not, what made you switch to it?

Wynter: Before I write romantic suspense, I wrote contemporary erotic romance and before that, straight contemporary romance under the name Dara Edmondson. The journey has been a real learning experience but I find I enjoy the twists and turns of romantic suspense the best.

Maureen: You are an accomplished author of many wonderful books.


Wynter: Thank you. That's sweet of you to say. I hang many of my book covers around my desk in my home office and I am running out of space. At last count I've published about 20. Hard to believe it's that many, but I hope someday to pass the 50 book mark.

Maureen: Does ‘the call’ still give you a thrill?

Wynter: Always. Of course, that very first publication (which was a contest win with a then new e-publisher) was incredibly exciting. After that, getting my first erotic romance published, then moving to Ellora's Cave and most recently to Carina Press. All those milestones gave me that huge thrill. Signing with my agent was a biggie, too.

Maureen: What is next for Wynter Daniels?

Wynter: I have several projects in the works. I am currently working on the second in a series of novellas revolving around a private security agency, brothers who provide protection to rich and famous clients. I am also plotting out a hot series of contemporary romances. 


Protective Custody – Available from Carina Press
Witness to a murder, but no one will believe her…

Shocked by the brutal crime she witnesses through the window of her small office, Megan Jackson calls the police and is devastated when they question the truth of her story. With no body and no evidence of a crime, she’s written off as a nutcase.

Megan suspects the killer saw her face. Terrified, she calls the only person she can trust—her ex-boyfriend and former police officer, Will McCoy.

Despite a devastating breakup, Will jumps at the chance to help the woman who broke his heart. When the killer ramps up the stakes, Will is forced to take her into hiding—where the passion they once shared reignites, deeper and hotter than ever. But can Will keep Megan alive long enough to win back her heart?


Wynter Daniels lives in Central Florida with her husband of more than twenty years and their two nearly grown children. They are all the slaves of two very demanding cats. After careers in marketing and the salon industry, Wynter’s wicked prose begged to be set free. She writes for several publishers including Carina Press
Ellora’s CaveLoose Id. Join her Facebook fan page HERE and her Twitter page HERE. She loves to hear from readers, but only if it’s good.

Buy Protective Custody HERE.
Find Wynter on the web at http://www.wynterdaniels.com/

Comments

  1. Happy to have you here, today, Wynter. I am halfway through Protective Custody and am thoroughly enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me! I'm so glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new release! It sounds great and I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely interview, ladies.

    Wynter, congrats (again ;) on the release and for such success in a number of genres. I'd love to have 20 covers hanging on my walls : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Caridad. I am excited about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks, Cathy. I started hanging the covers when I had three. They've multiplied like bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good interview, Wynter and Maureen. Congratulations again on Protective Custody, Wynter. And nice blog, Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Marcelle. And thank you for stopping by today, ladies.

    Wynter, it sounds like you have a lot of great writing in the works. We are looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate you having me here, Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interview! I've got Protective Custody on my TBR pile and can't wait to get to it. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Julie. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 20 books?!! Wow. I'm so glad Maureen asked if "the call" is still thrilling. Relieved it is! So much hard work and worry in writing and sub'ing. I'd hate to lose the thrill of "the call" :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of you can feel free to 'call' me anytime!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you could be here today, Miss Wynter. I know this has been a busy and exciting week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny - It definitely is a lot of work and worry. I'm glad it still thrills me.

    Thanks for interviewing me, Maureen. And good luck with your busy and exciting upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment