Sample Menu

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Romulan Escapes

In my "April Fool's" blog on Not Your Usual Suspects, I introduced a genre called Romulan, "Romance under land". Though the genre is fictitious, I was surprised to find that there is a market in this strange world of ours for romance at the center of the earth.

In Sweden, the Sala Silvermine offers a romantic suite nestled 155 meters underground. It takes a 4 minute elevator ride to get down to the mine.Tucked away in a cavern that offers a banquet hall, this underground suite is warmed up to 18 degrees from its default temperature of 2!
No folks, this one isn't an April Fool's joke. This is a true resort, and it does manage to post a disclaimer, "Not recommended if you suffer from claustrophobia."

Romulan is making it's mark on the world. :)

5 comments:

  1. Nothin' says lovin' like a cavern 155 meters underground. Or is that just...me...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing says lovin' like a strapless gown in 18 degrees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm thinking that they are talking Celsius cause if they aren't I'm NOT going there. But I'm also thinking that maybe it would be a bad honeymoon idea to bury yourself so deep so soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree that they should be talking Celsius, but every article I read kept referencing degrees. Suffice to say, it's not balmy down there. :) At least there aren't any lines in the hotel lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I am way too claustrophobic to venture somewhere like that! But cool idea.

    ReplyDelete