Sample Menu

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The best Romance Novelist that never was...


This one's for you, Joan Wilder.

An author who cries at the end of her novels. An author who can handle mud and broken Italian heels. A woman who calls herself not a hopeless romantic, but a hopeful romantic. A woman who listens to Eddie Grant and tells us that when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
To this day I still have friends who call me Joan Wilder, and I wear the name with pride. Here's to you, Miss Wilder.

1 comment:

  1. You continue to amaze me, Miss Miller! You actually know the name of the artist who sang that song? Seriously, this is one of my favorite movies and I often use the quote "This be jogging?" which comes from the Jewel of the Nile. And "Just Joan". Very funny. Do you really wear Italian heels? ??

    ReplyDelete