Romance

Is it romance?
Sometimes it's not that straightforward.
Queue in the woman running along the cliff in the dead of night. Twenty feet behind her is a psychopath. Forty feet behind her is the man of her dreams.
So is this a thriller with a psycopath, or a romance tale with the man of her dreams?
The tale is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe the man of her dreams actually sees a beer stand about a mile ahead and he's sprinting to get there and quench his thirst from all this running. Maybe the psycopath is tired of his evil and mayhem, and is chasing the woman to profess his love and adoration. Maybe the woman is just jogging because she just ate a pound of raw cookie dough and has no idea these idiots are behind her.
My point? The Powers that Be created Romantic Suspense to resolve this dilemma. And I am darn glad they did! Because I, as a writer and reader, need a little bit of both in my life.

Comments

  1. Oddly enough, I'm attracted to the raw cookie dough solution to the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough, I'm attracted to the penguin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not many penguins have a pet bagpiper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oddly enough, I'm attracted to the bagpiper because he's a real man's man's. Anyone who can stand outside in Antarctica blowing a ditty, wearing a kilt deserves my admiration and respect. However, he does remind of a character in another book. Please forgive me, Miss Miller, but I don't remember any pipers in Victory Cover or Widow's Tale. But maybe one of the fellows chasing your heroine is wearing a kilt and the other is carrying a set of pipes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Mr. Brendan, given my penguin fetish, I'm going to have to find a way to incorporate penguins into my next novel. And that's going to be tricky considering it's set in the Guatemalan jungle. But fear not. You know I'll find a way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's my motto. Have no fear... no fea.. no fe... no f... no! no! no!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment