Sample Menu

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Interesting Review

I received the following review from someone reading the first three chapters of Widow's Tale. There is a reason I'm sharing this particular review with you.

"I would love to say that I have any criticism for this piece of work, but I can't! This is just a classic piece of good literature, and as I read this, I felt as if I was watching a movie within my mind; all the characters seem quite believable and I swear I could see and hear the gray seas crashing upon dark beaches. Brett's character is a very interesting one, I am looking forward to finding out more about him. Awesome job; you clearly have a lot of talent! :] "

I found out that the author of this review was actually a 16 year old girl. An aspiring writer. She had some of her stories online and they were teenage horror tales. A-la Friday the Thirteenth and Texas Chainsaw and such. So two things struck me. One, that she had such a favorable outlook on a romance novel, and two, well, she reminds me of me at that age. I went through first the horror story phase, and then the completely implausible phase, until I finally settled into my niche of romantic suspense.

The writing style of this young lady held some hint to her age, but very little. It made me proud just to read it and see the potential there.

Someday I hope to look on the shelves and see her name. And I will just smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment